Tuesday, July 6, 2010

USEP Enrollment System

As being a student, basically I can say something to the enrollment system being implemented this semester. Somehow, I can attach or understand what it is going on the process since students are the actors involved in the enrollment system itself. Enrollment system covered a number of subsystems, involving manual and automated. For a number of operations involved, mainly transactions are uptight. There are also a large number of students will enroll. So merely, the school will find ways on how they could provide service to their students. Actually, my long years of residence here in the university of Southeastern Philippines, I have merely witnessed different ways of enrollment system. I am sure that they really want to try new things or try if it will be an effective one. For every semester of enrollment, I always hear issues such that the system is slow; some said that they come in school early to enroll still they would finish the next day since it can just accompany small number of students at that day. Others just chose to be calm because they have said, after all they would still be enrolled as long as you remain patient, just follow the rules and everything would be ok.

Going to the enrollment system implemented this semester, if I would rate it, probably it passes. By looking at the first procedural step of the system wherein student will pay their miscellaneous fee, though the operation is manual still I can say it delivers good service because student meant to line properly. But if I will to say this service will be improve, I just want that for the next semester of enrollment or maybe next year, the OSCSS as well as the Headlight Office must have their own system, an automated system so that the transactions will be fast. For sure, by then bad comments will lessen.

Scholars of different programs such as barangay or city officials when follow up their scholarships at the OSS in order to be enrolled cause to much effort. The reason why I have said this, it is because I have encountered it a lot. Have to line yourself together with some other scholars in order to be accounted as scholar for the semester. With the problem I observed about this area, the only solution came to my mind is to have an automated system that have the coordination between school and the scholarship organization. If the organization will immediately confirm the school that the student has already been issued a scholarship, then the school will permit the student to be enrolled as input of the system invokes that it will be paid by a scholarship fund. And also, the student will just be updated through mobile phones or via mail regarding the status of their scholarship. I think with this idea, student will not be worried or discourage to enroll.

On the next stop is our way to advising. Here, I may say that the environment is hot and as the quote always state that having patience is a virtue. I intend to say that because the number of line I have face within this semester is kind a long but still I relax myself and just go with the flow. Apparently with the longer hours of waiting, I was entertained and evaluated. In this area, probably what could I suggest is particularly to have an automated system that will automatically generates the subjects that will be enrolled by the students itself than the manual storing of inputs wherein it each to much time. The system must also be accompanied with current and past grades of the students so that it will be the system’s basis for his or her subjects to be enrolled. The miscellaneous payments must also play a part of the system since it is also requirement for evaluation. I suggested as one solution for improvement because every time I encountered this kind of a situation, I merely kind of imagining that scene wherein in fact will free us away from stress and away from the old system.

With the encoding, I don’t really have any problem against it, since it is automated. The service is evidently fast. If I have something to say about this, for sure it is likely those times many students are being encoded and you have to wait for your copy. But then again no problem with that because it just take less of time to wait.

Actually because I am a scholar definitely on the cashier’s area, scholars will just present their scholarship card having updated to this semester together with the COR. Basically, the two things being mentioned will be their basis for the approval of enrollment and subjects taken for this semester. Simply presenting the required documents for the scholars whereas for those ordinary students whom take time to line since they will be issued an official receipt when they paid. Truly, counting money would really took much time but then again, still the process is smooth and nothing to be worry about because students were guided accordingly. For the improvement, I would suggest if the school have fund, I want that respective colleges have respective cashiers in such a way it would ease the process or if it is impossible, why not have added the number of cashiers? (laughs ,still the same!).

Moving on to the registrar’s area, I see that the service being provided is for the whole student even though you are a scholar or not, you have no special treatment and were treated fair. That is why; the students would take time to line to be entertained. But still the service is properly handled and organized especially there are four registrar officer would cater the students. It seems that I have not much comment about the registrar’s service, things were just gone good.

On the last stop is on the library area where you need to present your library card as well as the COR for verification. Then, the library card itself will be validated. So, that’s the end of the process. As you can see in the library’s area, you will really don’t see any problem since the service they catered is not that time consuming.